« Home | The Real Purpose of CMMI for Development » | Oracle Database Recycle Bin » | Oracle Application Server Cache Setting » | Configure Oracle Application Server Logs » | Oracle Application Server Default Log » | Oracle Application Server Won't Start » | Is God Unfair ? » | God is Good » | My Life as a Roomer » | English is extremely important for programmers »

Book Hunting

Lately, I found myself really attracted to learn about Enterprise Resource Planning. I've join APICS-ID management mailing list and learn SAP from the kom-tek mailing list (both of them are Indonesian mailing list). I also buy some books about Supply Chain Management. Recently I've bought a book titled "Business Concept Implementation Series in Sales and Distribution" written by Holy Icun Yunarto. The book is very good and contains very useful knowledge for IT graduate who wants to learn more business process.

After read that book, I got information that the author also wrote a book titled "Business Concept Implementation Series in Inventory Management". This book published in 2005 by Elex Media Komputindo and rarely found in stock today. But, I decide to look for this book.

I wrote an email to cs@gramediapublishers.com, info@togamas.co.id, info@palasarionline.com and post a question to http://www.tokogunungagung.co.id/?go=contact. Togamas and Palasari didn't respond my email (I guess I got an old email address from their old website). Unfortunately, gramedia, which is the biggest bookstores in Indonesia respond my email by saying "Thank you for sending us email. Sorry, the book is out of stock". The best email respond came from Gunung Agung Bookstore with the list of all their store which still have the book in stock.

Since Gunung Agung stores which have available stock is far away from my place, I was trying to contact by phone several Gramedia bookstores asking whether the book was in stock. Then finally, I found out that the book is available in Gramedia Gajahmada Jakarta.

Maybe, Gramedia Jakarta should enhance their ERP system so they can easily search the book in their entire stores which spread all over regions. With this simple story, we can conclude that a good ERP system can help company to operate better and make potential customer satisfied.